Essential Tools you Will Need for Painting & Decorating
If you are thinking about doing some redecorating at home, there are quite a few things to consider. The first question to ask yourself is whether or not you have the necessary skills to complete the work, then there’s the question of tools and equipment, which are essential. Of course, there are online tutorials on every aspect of painting & decorating, so if you need a little help, YouTube is always at your service. Here is a list of essential tools and equipment that you will need in order to do a professional job.
- Paintbrushes & Rollers – You will need a couple of small paint brushes for cutting in the skirting boards, ceilings and around window and door frames, and if you ask any painter & decorator in Edinburgh, they will happily confirm that quality is essential when buying paint brushes.
- Scrapers – These are used to clean off the walls prior to painting, and also to apply filler to any dips or hollows to leave a smooth surface. Remember to sand down any filler prior to repainting.
- Wallpaper Pasting Table – Wall papering is an art and you will need a suitable table on which to paste the wallpaper, which can be purchased at any builders merchants.
- Scissors and cutters – Wall paper will need to be expertly cut to fit, and with a good quality pair of decorating scissors and a cutter, you will be able to cut wallpaper to fit.
- Stepladders – Anything above eye height will require a stable platform, and you can buy a pair of aluminium stepladders with adjustable legs to ensure a stable platform to work on.
You will also need some old bedsheets or blankets to protect the carpet and furniture and lots of dry cloth for cleaning, and by working in a methodical manner, you won’t make a mess.