The Best Method For Choosing The Right Eiko light bulbs
As a result, the globe is brighter than ever before. Innovations in lighting have made artificial light more widely available and inexpensive than ever before. This is wonderful news for those who enjoy winding down with a book or watching TV in the evenings, but it can make it difficult to select the ideal light bulb for your home. There are so many options for bulbs now that it can be confusing to choose the ideal ones for your home and family.
The good news is that you may locate the ideal illumination for your room with some diligence and time. If you know the proper steps to take, that is. What follows is a short list of things to keep in mind as you shop for the perfect household light bulb.
The Best Bulbs For General Lighting
For general lighting, you’ll want to use Eiko light bulbs with a wattage of at least 60 watts. Depending on your home and your needs, you may want to choose a higher wattage bulb. If your home has dimmer switches or other controls that can adjust the lights, a 60-watt bulb may be too dim. In this case, you may want to choose an 80-watt bulb or higher and when you’re choosing a bulb for general lighting, keep these additional factors in mind:
- Color Temperature: While artificial light is often assumed to be white, most artificial lighting is a cool white color. If you prefer a warmer or bluer ambiance, a warm-white bulb may be a better option for you.
- Bulb Shape: If you want to create a certain mood or atmosphere in your home, consider the type of light bulb you’re using. The light that is both bright and soft might help you achieve the desired calming or soothing effect. In contrast, a more concentrated beam of light may be preferable in a bustling office.
- Light Standby Time: Most bulbs today have a standby time of around 2 hours which indicates the bulb should be replaced every six months. To save money, switch to a lower-wattage bulb or stock up on replacements if you anticipate frequent bulb replacement.
The Best Bulbs For Reading And Listening
You should use a light bulb with a warm-white color temperature of 2700-3000K for reading and listening. Using bulbs that emit a gentle, diffused glow can also help make your home feel more welcoming. Consider the following in conjunction with your reading and listening:
- If you have plants in your home or are near a tree, will the warm-white bulbs affect their growth negatively?
- If you have a secluded room where you like to read, will a warm-white bulb make the room look too yell?
- What are the existing light fixtures like in your home? If you want to change out the bulbs in existing light fixtures, you may want to consider a different type of bulb.
The Best Light Bulb For Kitchens And Bathrooms
It’s best to use a light bulb with a warm-white color temperature of 2700-3000K in these rooms. Light with a warmer white cast is more comforting and welcoming, you need to think about more than just the wattage of the bulb, though. A few things to think about while picking a bulb for these areas:
- Will the bulb you select be bright enough?
- Will it be safe or appropriate to use in your kitchen or bathroom?
- Is the light you have now adequate or would you prefer a stronger or more focused light?
- How often do you need to change the bulb?